- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 5 tbsp Butter
- Mix egg yolks and sugar in a small saucepan until smooth
- Place mixture over low heat AND with a whisk gently beat in the lemon juice, zest and butter
- Stir until thickened being careful not to cook the eggs
- Strain through a sieve
- Place mixture into in a sterilised airtight jar
Lemon curd will keep for around 2 weeks in the fridge if covered. Sterilising Jars:
- Jars can be quickly and safely sterilised in a microwave.
- Wash jars, fill with a little water and microwave for one minute.
- Using a pot holder, remove the jar from the microwave, pour out the water and place in warm oven until ready to fill.